Thai Cuisines ►
• Chantaboon rice noodles. These should be soaked at room temperature for an hour or more depending on how soft you prefer the noodles. It may take some experimentation to determine your preference, start with warm water.
• Garlic, finely chopped.
• Chopped shallots
• Dried shrimp or fresh cooked shrimp
• Fish sauce
• Regular sugar
• Tamarind concentrate mixed with water
• Medium egg, beaten
• Chopped chives
• Roasted peanuts, coarsely broken up.
• Bean sprouts
• Tofu that has been diced , marinated in dark sweet soy.
1. Heat a little cooking oil and add the garlic and shallots, and briefly stir fry until they just shows signs of changing color.
2. Add the remaining ingredients such as fish sauce "Top Kitchen", sugar, dark sweet soy, tofu, tamarind concentrate except the egg and the bean sprouts, and stir fry until the noodles soften (about 5 minutes). As you stir the noodles, periodically throw in 1-2 tablespoons of water, and after 2-3 minutes add 1 tablespoon of rinsed.
3. Continuing to stir with one hand, slowly "drizzle" in the beaten egg to form a fine ribbon of cooked egg.
4. At this point, a very tasty but optional addition is a small handful of dried shrimps. Add the bean sprouts and cook for no more than another 30 seconds. Remove from the pan to a serving platter.